THERE IS A LOT OF INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE SO PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO READ IT ALL!
Note: Our pools generally open 1/2 hour after the Y facility opens and close 1/2 hour before the Y facility closes so our lifeguards have time to do all the safety and chemical checks. Thank you.
Indoor Pool Hours:
- Monday – Friday, 5:30 am – 8:30 pm
- Saturday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Sunday, 1:30 pm – 4:30pm
Note that the schedule above is subject to change!
*New* Swim Lane Reservations (scroll down, please)
Outdoor Pool Hours: Our outdoor pool is now closed for the season.
At least 1 lane is available at all times for lap swimming. If all lanes have swimmers in them, we will try to make more lanes available. However, sometimes other programs do not make this possible. In these cases, we ask that you swim in a circle in the lanes. Stay to the right side always, just as you would driving a car.
During Swim Team practice we may only be able to open one lane for free swim due to the growth of our program. Thank you for understanding!
Swim Lane Reservation for Lap Swimming- Now Open!
We are making available 1 slot for reserved lap swimming.
- Online reservations must be made at least 1 hour in advance and can be made no more than 24 hours in advance.
- Reservations are for 60 minutes and will begin promptly at your reservation time, you may reserve 1 slot per day.
- Reservation is valid only for the name of the Y member submitted.
- Please make sure you arrive on time and are ready to swim when your reservation time begins. If you need to cancel, please do so through the same method you reserved your spot.
- Reservations for 1 hour increments Monday-Friday with the first reservation is available starting 9am-10am in one hour time slots with the last reservation from 2pm-3pm.
MAKE RESERVATION HERE (under category choose Lane Lap Swim)
Reservations are encouraged, but not required. If you do not make a reservation, you will still be permitted to swim laps as long as there is space available.
NOTE: We will follow state guidelines to allow for appropriate social distancing in the pool area, which may include limiting number of available lanes and number of swimmers per lane.
MAKE RESERVATION HERE (under category choose Lane Lap Swim)
CLICK HERE FOR OUR POOL RULES (opens new window)
CLICK HERE FOR OUR SAUNA RULES (opens new window)
Lightning & Thunder Policy
One way the YMCA practices a safe environment is to close swimming pools during severe weather such as thunder and lightning. The YMCA of the USA, FEMA, the American Red Cross, NOAA, and the National Lightning Safety Institute all advise to not use plumbing of any kind during thunder and lightning and to stay clear of windows.
Thunder is the sound of lightning, which is a warning that lightning is either present or will soon be visibly present. For these reasons, our YMCA aquatic facilities will close during thunder and lightning and we ask that you respect this policy. Our pools will close until 30 minutes after the last thunder or lightning.
Thank you for your cooperation on this matter!
CLICK HERE FOR FACTS ON THUNDER & LIGHTNING (opens new window)
LIFE JACKET & SWIM TEST POLICY (opens new window)
The safety of all swimmers is our priority! Therefore, a swim test is required of all swimmers under the age of 18 to determine their swimming competency so they will be safe in all areas of both the indoor and outdoor pools. Swim test can be done with our Head Lifeguard or Aquatics Director.
Patrons who are unable to pass the Y swim test MUST wear a coast guard approved life vest/jacket at all times.
NO EXTENDED Breathholding or Hyperventilation Is Allowed. Extended breathholding and/or hyperventilating can cause blackouts and drowning!
WATER SAFETY TIPS
- Learn how to swim indoors this winter.We offer lessons year-round in our heated pool!
- Have a pool yourself? Maintain pools and spas in the winter by keeping water clear, even if it is too cold to swim. If someone falls in they can be seen and helped faster.
- Before the kids visit for the holidays, install a lockable safety cover for your spa.
- On holiday, away from the Lowcountry? Know the dangers of ice on lakes and ponds. Always be watchful as you never know if ice thickness is the same throughout a body of water.
- Be a Constant Eyes On (CEO), especially at other people’s homes. Know if there is water near or around homes your children visit.
- When traveling to see relatives and family members, stress the importance of keeping gates closed, doors locked, toilet seats down and emptying buckets. Drowning can happen inside the home just as easily as outside the home.
Y Members $60 · Non-Members $80
- If the YMCA has to cancel a lesson, make ups will be held on Friday.
- At least 3 people must be signed up or the class will be cancelled.
Private Swim Lessons available. Scroll to bottom of this page for the registration form.
TIGERSHARK SWIM TEAM
Questions? Contact Coach Lauren Foutz: firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 BEAUFORT RIVER SWIM+5K
15th annual Beaufort River Swim+5K/8K is in the books! Congratulations to all the winners and thank you participants, sponsors and volunteers!
CLICK HERE to visit the event website to see 2021 results and learn more about the event.
If you have questions please see Denice Fanning, Event Director: email@example.com or 843-522-9622.
YMCA LIFEGUARD CLASS
Interested in becoming a Y certified lifeguard? Click here to go to the lifeguard page to learn about our class offering.
OPEN WATER SCUBA COURSE PROVIDING INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION WITH THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF UNDERWATER INSTRUCTORS (NAUI). Please flyer below for details including schedule and cost.
Next Class Starts Oct. 30, 2021 and last class of the years starts Nov. 6, 2021
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS & TO REGISTER CONTACT INSTRUCTOR KEN MCCRACKEN
(Registration and payment is through Ken McCracken, NOT the Y.)
Birthday Party/Special Event Rental Information
We do rent space at our facility for children’s birthday parties or other celebratory events. You provide decorations, refreshments and any equipment you may need. A waiver will be provided and must be signed to cover all participants who partake in activities on premises.
We request the age range and number of guests so can better accommodate accommodate the special day. Rental cost are found in the downloadable form below…
Sports: In the gym, choose which sports games your group wants to partake in. Basketball, soccer, kickball, and dodge ball are some of the games we could play, depending upon the group’s size and age. Any other games are available; just let us know what you want to do in the gym and we will see if we can accommodate!
Space: ONLY ½ of Basketball court for your event to use 1 hour and classroom 1 hour as well. Set up and Break down MUST be 30 minutes after opening and closing YMCA Facility.
Cost: $150 YMCA member & $200 for non-member
*Splash: Enjoy the indoor or outdoor pool, come splash around, play some games, and enjoy the water. Space: 1 hour at the pool and 1 hour in a classroom for cake/celebration. *For parties over 15 people, we recommend scheduling a private pool party for an additional charge.
Private Pool Parties are available Saturdays and Sundays May, June, July, August from 4:30 – 6:30pm. Outdoor pool will be cleared out 15 minutes prior to closing. Price includes facility rental and two lifeguards If the party is cancelled due to weather by the YMCA, you can reschedule. Parties with over 50 attendees, additional charge will apply.
BECOME A Y COMMUNITY BUILDER!
It is only with your help that we can make our programs possible.
Donations underwrite our program costs and provide scholarships for our young prospective students to attend our aquatic programs.
Volunteer! We welcome your assistance, knowledge, and experience: Visit our VOLUNTEER page.
To Learn about our Community Builders Underwriting Program please CLICK HERE.
To Learn about our Community Builders Underwriting Levels please CLICK HERE
For additional information or questions please contact Perri Flaherty, Aquatics Director, 843-379-1365