Beginning on Monday, July 6, 2020 the YMCA moves into our Phase 3 Guidelines with expanded hours and programming.
YMCA Phase 3 Facility Hours:
Monday – Friday, 5am – 8pm; Saturday, 8am – 2pm; Sunday, 1pm – 5pm
Indoor: Mon.-Fri. 5:30am – 7:30pm; Sat. 8am – 2 pm; Sun. 1pm-4:30pm
We are pleased to be able to add a reservation system for our group exercise classes. At the moment you can access via this URL (CLICK HERE). You can also access this schedule on our website homepage (either Group Exercise Schedule” on the Healthy Living tab or click on the Current Group Fitness Schedule image on the home page). Soon we will be rolling out our own Y group exercise schedule and reservation app for use on your smart phone – we will let you know when this is ready!
Phase 3 Guidelines:
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through one entrance
- Members and staff must maintain a minimum of 6-feet distance at all times while in the facility
- There will be limits on the number of members allowed in our facility and specific areas one time due to social distancing guidelines
- Upon entering the facility all members and staff will have a temperature check. Anyone with temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Members MUST scan in entering AND leaving the facility
- If you are not feeling well we ask that you do not visit the Y
- Y Staff will be continuously cleaning and sanitizing equipment in the fitness center and throughout the facility
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand-washing and remind members to disinfect equipment
- Members are limited to visits lasting no more than 90 minutes, members can come in multiple times daily as they wish. No gathering in groups in the Y lobby due to 6-feet distancing requirements
- YMCA Nationwide Membership can access the Y following all regular procedures. No guests allowed at this time.
- Masks/face coverings are required per the Port Royal Mask ordinance. Gloves are not required but recommended
- Personal protective equipment will be made available for staff
- Locker rooms and showers will be available we will continue to follow social distancing/ capacity guidelines.
- Child Watch will be open with limited hours and capacity (see separate schedule). Must preregister in advance by calling the Y or at the front desk.
- Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Limited group exercise classes and spinning classes will be offered onsite with limited availability due to 6-feet distancing requirements. Virtual Group Ex classes will continue. (See separate schedule)
- Limited access to cardio and fitness equipment to maximize physical distancing
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use
- Steam room will remain closed per SC DHEC regulations.
- Whirlpool is open following social distancing and capacity limit of 3 members.
- Sauna is open following social distancing and capacity limit of 3 members.
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools open (see separate schedule)
- Water aerobics classes will continue 15 participants maximum capacity per class. (See separate schedule) Must adhere to 6-feet distancing requirements.
- Private and group swim lessons available, register online.
- Tiger Shark Swim Team & Master Swim Team will continue (see separate schedule)
- Basketball (Individual play only or family in same household. No equipment can be shared, no pick-up games. Basketball Gym will be available to members M-F 5am-7am, 5:45pm-8pm, Saturday 8-2, Sunday 1-5pm).
- Youth T-Ball /Coach Pitch Ages 3 – 8 register online, season starts in August
- No pickleball (no pick-up, reserved play, or scheduled programming)
- Reminder, we have transitioned to a “paperless facility”, meaning paper materials including schedules, brochures and registration forms will be available electronically on our website or you may snap a photo of posted schedules at the Y with the camera on your phone.
- Coffee will not be available