Beginning on Monday, April 5, 2021 the YMCA moves into our Phase 3+ Guidelines with expanded hours (back to our ‘regular pre-Covid 19 hours).
YMCA Phase 3+ Facility Hours (Starting April 5, 2021):
Monday – Friday, 5am – 9pm; Saturday, 8am – 5pm; Sunday, 1pm – 5pm
Indoor Pool: Mon.-Fri. 5:30am – 8:30pm; Sat. 8am – 4:30 pm; Sun. 1 pm-4:30pm
Outdoor Pool Starting Weekends (Sat & Sun.) Weather Permitting Starting April 10. Saturday 12pm–4pm; Sunday 1pm–4pm.
We are pleased to offer a reservation system for our group exercise classes and indoor pool swim lane. You can access via this URL (CLICK HERE). You can also access this schedule on our website homepage (either Group Exercise Schedule” on the Healthy Living tab or click on the Current Group Fitness Schedule image on the home page).
We can also access via our app:
We have also added Virtual YMCA for all active YMCA members. You can access this here: VIRTUAL YMCA Note that you will need to enter your barcode – this is the number found on your ID card. If you are having trouble locating this please bar code number, call the Y front desk 843-522-9622.
Phase 3+ Guidelines:
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through one entrance
- Members and staff must maintain a minimum of 6-feet distance at all times while in the facility
- Upon entering the facility all members and staff will have a temperature check. Anyone with temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to enter the building
- Members MUST scan in entering the facility, however you do not need to scan out
- If you are not feeling well we ask that you do not visit the Y
- Y Staff will be continuously cleaning and sanitizing equipment in the fitness center and throughout the facility
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand-washing and remind members to disinfect equipment
- No gathering in groups in the Y lobby due to 6-feet distancing requirements
- YMCA Nationwide Membership can access the Y following all regular procedures.
- Masks/face coverings are required per the Port Royal Mask ordinance. Gloves are not required but recommended
- Personal protective equipment will be made available for staff
- Locker rooms and showers will be available following social distancing/ capacity guidelines.
- Child Watch hours: (see separate schedule).
- Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Limited access to cardio and fitness equipment to maximize physical distancing
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use
- Whirlpool is open following social distancing and capacity limit of 3 members
- Sauna is open following social distancing and capacity limit of 3 members
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools open (see schedule above)
- Water aerobics classes will continue 15 participants maximum capacity per class. Must adhere to 6-feet distancing requirements.
- Private and group swim lessons available. Learn more here.
- Reminder, we have transitioned to a “paperless facility”, meaning paper materials including schedules, brochures and registration forms will be available electronically on our website or you may snap a photo of posted schedules at the Y with the camera on your phone.
- Coffee will not be available