12 months to swim 100 miles!
January 2 to December 31, 2021
- All ages welcome!
- All swim styles and techniques welcome! Dog paddle to all swim strokes. The technique is not a priority, just the distance!
- Simply keep track of the laps you swim during each workout and record your yardage/mileage on the tracking sheet located behind the guard chair
- You may join in the club at any time during the year!
The challenge lasts one year. You will receive rewards:
- Splish Splash: 1-100 mile- prize includes a bag with Y logo
- Going the Distance: 101-200 miles -prize includes a towel
- Master of the Pool: 201-300 miles – prize includes -T-shirt
- Olympic Zone- Super Hero: 301 and up miles – prize includes -T shirt, Towel, bag with Y Logo
TO REGISTER: Wardle Family YMCA front desk or online: beaufort-jasperymca.org
How many laps are in a mile??
- Length = One end of the pool to other is 25 yards
- Lap = Down and back is 50 yards
- 1 mile = 1,650 yards = Approximately 66 lengths or 33 laps
(We use a competitive mile, which is slightly less than an accurate mile. Comes down to meters vs yards)
How can you get to 100 miles?? It’s as easy as:
- 2 miles a week equals 100 miles in about 50 weeks
- 3 miles a week equals 100 miles in about 33 weeks
- 1 mile a day, 5 days a week, equals 100 miles in 20 weeks