|YOUR YMCA IS #OPENFORGOOD! |
Thank you all very much for your enthusiasm, support and overall adherence to our Phase 1 reopening guidelines! Beginning June 8, 2020 we will be moving into our Phase 2 Guidelines which includes opening our facility at 5 am Monday through Friday. Our new normal continues to include 6-feet minimum social distancing, continuous cleaning and sanitizing as well as capacity limits. Please see the full list of Phase 2 Guidelines below and note links to group exercise classes and pool schedule.
YMCA Phase 2 Hours:
Monday – Friday, 5am – 7pm
Saturday, 8am – 1pm
Sunday, 1pm – 5pm
Phase 2 Guidelines:
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through one entrance
- Members and staff must maintain a minimum of 6-feet distance at all times while in the facility
- There will be limits on the number of members allowed in our facility and specific areas one time due to social distancing guidelines
- Upon entering the facility all members and staff will have a temperature check. Anyone with temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Members MUST scan in entering AND leaving the facility
- If you are not feeling well we ask that you do not visit the Y
- Y Staff will be continuously cleaning and sanitizing equipment in the fitness center and throughout the facility
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand-washing and remind members to disinfect equipment
- Members are limited to 1 visit per day to our facility lasting no more than 90 minutes. No gathering in groups in the Y lobby due to 6-feet distancing requirements
- Facility access will remain only for members and Y Nationwide Membership during Phase II; No guests will be permitted
- Masks and gloves as personal protective equipment are not required but recommended
- Personal protective equipment will be made available for staff
- Locker rooms and showers will be available we will continue to follow social distancing / capacity guidelines.Child Watch will be open with limited hours and capacity. Must preregister online in advance by calling the Y Front Desk (843-522-9622) OR by coming to the Y. (Read additional details here).
Mornings: Mon. – Fri.: 8:30 – 9:30, 9:40-10:40 (Staff Cleaning Time 9:30 – 9:40);
Sat.: 8:45-9:45, 9:55-10:55 (Staff Cleaning Time 9:55 – 10:55)
Evenings: Monday – Thursday: 4:30 – 5:30, 5:45 – 6:40
- Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Limited group exercise classes will be offered onsite with limited availability due to 6-feet distancing requirements. Virtual Group Ex classes will continue. (See separate schedule)
- Spinning classes will resume with limited number of classes offered (See separate schedule)
- Limited access to cardio and fitness equipment to maximize physical distancing
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after useSteam room and whirlpool will remain closed per SC DHEC regulationsSauna is open following social distancing and capacity limit of 2 members.
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools open (see separate schedule)
- Water aerobics classes will continue 15 participants maximum capacity per class. (See separate schedule)
- Must adhere to 6-feet distancing requirements.Private swim lessons offered during Phase II, register online.
- Tiger Shark Swim Team & Master Swim Team (see separate pool lane schedule)
- Basketball: Individual play only or family in same household. No equipment can be shared, no pick-up games.
- Basketball Gym will be available to members M-F 5am-7am, 5:45pm-7pm, Saturday 8-1, Sunday 1-5pm).
- Youth Soccer Resumes Ages 3 – 9 (contact sports director email@example.com if not registered) season starts June 8th
- Youth T-Ball / Coach Pitch Ages 3 – 8 register online, season starts in August
- No pickleball (no pick-up, reserved play, or scheduled programming)
- Reminder, we have transitioned to a “paperless facility”, meaning paper materials including schedules, brochures and registration forms will be available electronically on our website or you may snap a photo of posted schedules at the Y with the camera on your phone.
- Coffee will not be available
Indoor: Mon.-Fri. 5:30am – 7pm; Sat. 8am – 1pm; Sun. 1pm-5pm
Outdoor: Mon. – Friday 12pm – 7pm; Sat. 9am -1pm; Sun. 1pm-5pm
Michael Bostwick, CEO
Beaufort-Jasper YMCA of the Lowcountry
1801 Richmond Ave., Port Royal, SC 29935 | 843-522-9622