At the Y we are committed to serving our community, and we are always looking for more people to support our mission and movement. If you would like to join a great organization where you can make a real difference, please read below to find out more about our current job opportunities.
The Wardle Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. We celebrate culture by embracing diversity.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
YMCA employment application is located at the bottom of this page.
Member Services Front Desk Position
POSITION SUMMARY: Membership Services Staff is responsible for quality member service at the front desk/courtesy counter. This position will help maintain a satisfactory level of membership participation and retention. This position is also responsible for membership information and sales, facility tours, program information and registration, merchandise sales and member/guest check-in procedures. This position will act as a receptionist, answering the phone for all departments. At times is responsible for building supervision and opening and closing the facility. Membership Services staff will uphold and support the mission and four core values of the YMCA.
Part-time; Up to 29 hours per week
$9 per hour
Please send resume and/or compete YMCA application to the Y front desk or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Y Group Fitness Instructors
We are looking for some great new group fitness instructors to add to our Y Wellness Team!
Qualified candidates will have the ability to lead a group of participants through a series of movements and exercises in a safe and effective manner. Also the candidate must hold a current certification in Group Exercise from a nationally certifying body; multiple certifications and experience in multiple specialized group fitness classes preferred.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Report to class at least ten minutes prior to scheduled start of class for required set-up.
- Asks and answers questions from program participants and members to support them in achieving their goals related to health and well-being.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members and program participants connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Observes and adjusts approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture.
- Celebrates achievement of program participants related to program or personal goals, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years of experience in Group Exercise settings.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES/KNOW HOW:
- Understand the relationship of the general public to the association, of staff to volunteer, and of staff to staff, and be able to effectively enhance and cultivate those relationships.
- Ability to interpret, carry out and implement into classes/programs, the mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Work as an integral member of a staff team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with adults, youth, teens, seniors and special populations.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in fitness
The Y offers competitive pay and every employee receives an individual membership including discounts to programming, child care, and camps!
For employment consideration, please send your resume to Denice Fanning: email@example.com.
Y Afterschool Program Staff Position
Provides direct supervision of a group of children in an afterschool care setting. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Supervises a group of children.
- Plans and implements program activities which are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Assist children with homework.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Ensure all children are signed in and out with time of drop off and pick up
- Check identification of all persons picking up children and are on the pick-up list
- Monitor the children at ALL times
- Uphold and teach the four core values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
Part-time; 20 hours per week
$8 – $10 per hour
To Apply: Email resume and/or Y employee application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Y front desk (1801 Richmond Avenue, Port Royal, SC 29935)
Certified Teacher (Preschool): The YMCA of Beaufort County is seeking a preschool teacher for Discovery Kids Preschool. The qualified applicant must be a certified teacher in early childhood education. All applicants are required to pass a criminal background check. There are full time and part time positions available. Responsibilities include: working collaboratively with the director, other teachers, and teacher’s assistants; planning and implementing curriculum; observing and evaluating children’s performance, behavior, social and physical development; encouraging family involvement; and a commitment to meeting the needs of each individual child in preparing them for kindergarten.
Salary range: $25,000-$30,000 based on experience
Assistant Teacher (Preschool): The YMCA of Beaufort County is seeking a preschool assistant for Discovery Kids Preschool. The qualified applicant must have experience in early childhood education. All applicants are required to pass a criminal background check. There are full time and part time positions available. Responsibilities include: working collaboratively with the director, other teachers, and teacher’s assistants; planning and implementing curriculum; observing and evaluating children’s performance, behavior, social and physical development; encouraging family involvement; and a commitment to meeting the needs of each individual child in preparing them for kindergarten.
Pay: $9-$10/per hour maximum 30 hours per week
Qualified, interested applicants should email a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Swim Lesson Instructor: Must be at least 15 years old and have swim experience, either swim team or comparable. Monday through Friday: 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
Pay: $9-$11/hour depending upon experience
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Y front desk (1801 Richmond Ave., Port Royal, SC 29935) for an application. Maximum 30 hours per week.
Lifeguard: Part-time. Applicants must be 16 years old and a certified Lifeguard, either Red Cross or YMCA certified. Stop by the Y and ask for Lou Bergen or call 843.522.9622.
Fitness Programs / Schedule
- HIIT/Circuit (Denice)
- Belly Dance (Casey)
- Zumba (Jennifer)
- Line Dance (Lynn)
- TRX (Denice)
- Power 30 (Jeff)
- Cardio Strength (Jenny/Anna)
- Senior Pilates (Martha)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (Sarah/Jessie)
- Senior Shape Up (Betsy/Renee)
- Circuit (Robert)
- Vinyasa Yoga (Adam)
- Twilight 2 (Lisa)
- Spinterval (Denice)
- Energy Zone (Julia/Jenny)
- Endurance (Denice/Rick/Lisa)
- Sprint Zone (Lisa)
- Power Hour (Rick/Kelsey/Susie)
- Cardio Combo (Jill)
- Cardio Interval (Kelly/Mary W.)
- Kickboxing (Jeff)
- Fit Over Fifty (Denice/Sarah)
- Pilates (Martha)
- Devotional Yoga (Adam)
- Strength (Carol/Gina)
- Tabata (Julia/Denice)
- Boot Camp (Jenny)
- Interval (Kelly/Jenny)
- Yoga (Ginnie/Sally/Renee/Laura)