At the Y we are committed to serving our community, and we are always looking for more people to support our mission and movement. If you would like to join a great organization where you can make a real difference, please read below to find out more about our current job opportunities.
The Wardle Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. We celebrate culture by embracing diversity.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
YMCA employment application is located at the bottom of this page.
Bus Driver: Bus driver for our afterschool program. 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday during the school year
$11.00-15.00 per hour
HS Diploma or General Equivalent DiplomaPossess appropriate class license. CDL Required
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drives bus safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws.
- Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and record all information. Records gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms. Cleans out bus each day.
- Promotes safety at all times by keeping first aid supplies fully stocked.
- Ensures that bus rules are announced and followed.
- Develops friendly and positive relationships among staff, volunteers, parents, and children.
- Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
- Adhere to policies as stated in the YMCA Childcare Policies and Procedures Manual and in subsequent YMCA trainings and meetings
- Comply with all emergency procedures appropriate to the bus and in conformity with procedures adopted by emergency service authorities to ensure the safety of the children and staff
RESPONSIBILITIES WHEN INTERACTING WITH CHILDREN:
- Consistently demonstrate positive interaction with all children; talk to them and treat them with dignity and respect
- Consistently demonstrate positive discipline; teach and redirect rather than scolding or reprimanding them; firmly and consistently enforce the rules
- Express clear expectations and hold children accountable for adhering to them
- Help children to develop a positive self-esteem and sense of self-worth
- Consistently demonstrate and reinforce the values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility
Must have the ability to demonstrate and/or show competency in the following areas:
- Minimum one year work experience as a bus driver.
- Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles (bus).
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR and First Aid.
- Desire and ability to work with children.
- To keep confidences, loyalties and practice professionalism.
- Be reliable and dependable.
- 21 years old or older per Y policies, able to drive safely and within the required posted speed limit.
- Possess a valid license, current insurance, and a clean driving record; able to pass a defensive driving course.
- Work a flexible schedule to meet program staffing/planning needs.
- Exercise mature judgment and sound decision making.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Learn, follow and enforce local Y and national guidelines related to internal policies.
- Ability to safely drive a bus for short/long periods of time.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
- related to the activity.
- Lift 35 pounds using proper technique
- Currently have excellent health and be free of communicable diseases
If you are interested in applying for this position please stop by the Wardle Family YMCA front desk (1801 Richmond Ave., Port Royal, SC 29935) to fill out an application. YOU MAY ALSO FILL OUR ONLINE APPLICATION.
Y Group Fitness Instructors/Personal Trainers
We are looking for some great new group fitness instructors to add to our Y Wellness Team!
Qualified candidates will have the ability to lead a group of participants through a series of movements and exercises in a safe and effective manner. The candidate must hold a current certification in Group Exercise from a nationally certifying body; multiple certifications and experience in multiple specialized group fitness classes preferred. Experience in personal training is preferred.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Instruct individual members using research-based techniques to help members of all fitness levels reach their personal fitness goals.
- Report to class at least ten minutes prior to scheduled start of class for required set-up.
- Asks and answers questions from program participants and members to support them in achieving their goals related to health and well-being.
- Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members and program participants connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Observes and adjusts approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture.
- Celebrates achievement of program participants related to program or personal goals, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years of experience in Group Exercise settings.
- Experience in personal training, working with individuals on a one-on-one basis.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES/KNOW HOW:
- Understand the relationship of the general public to the association, of staff to volunteer, and of staff to staff, and be able to effectively enhance and cultivate those relationships.
- Ability to interpret, carry out and implement into classes/programs, the mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Work as an integral member of a staff team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with adults, youth, teens, seniors and special populations.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in fitness
The Y offers competitive pay and every employee receives an individual membership including discounts to programming, child care, and camps!
For employment consideration, please send your resume to Denice Davis Fanning: email@example.com . YOU MAY ALSO FILL OUR ONLINE APPLICATION.
Fitness Programs / Schedule
- Sculpt (Katy)
- HIIT (Kelly)
- HIIT (Quentin/Jessie)
- HIIT/Circuit (Denice)
- Belly Dance (Casey)
- Zumba (Jennifer)
- Line Dance (Lynn)
- TRX/Barre Body Sculpt (Denice)
- Power 30 (Jeff)
- Cardio Strength (Jenny)
- Senior Pilates (Martha)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (Sarah)
- Senior Shape Up (Betsy)
- Circuit (Robert)
- Vinyasa Yoga (Laura)
- Twilight 2 (Lisa)
- Spinterval (Denice)
- Energy Zone (Julia/Jenny)
- Endurance (Rick/Lisa/Jodi/Emily)
- Sprint Zone (Lisa/Emily)
- Power Hour (Rick/Kelsey/Emily)
- Cardio Combo (Jill)
- Cardio Interval (Mary W.)
- Kickboxing (Jeff)
- Fit Over Fifty (Denice/Judy)
- Pilates (Martha)
- Devotional Yoga (Laura)
- Strength (Quinten/Gina)
- Tabata (Denice)
- Boot Camp (Jenny)
- Interval (Kelly/Julia)
- Yoga (Ginnie/Sally/Renee/Laura)