At the Y we are committed to serving our community, and we are always looking for more people to support our mission and movement. If you would like to join a great organization where you can make a real difference, please read below to find out more about our current job opportunities.
The Wardle Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. We celebrate culture by embracing diversity.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
YMCA employment application is located at the bottom of this page.
Front Desk Staff:
Membership Services Staff is responsible for quality member service at the front desk/courtesy counter. This position will help maintain a satisfactory level of membership participation and retention. This position is also responsible for membership information and sales, facility tours, program information and registration, merchandise sales and member/guest check-in procedures. This position will act as a receptionist, answering the phone for all departments. At times is responsible for building supervision and opening and closing the facility. Membership Services staff will uphold and support the mission and four core values of the YMCA.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Previous customer service, sales, or related experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Basic math skills and accurately handle money.
- Physical ability to move about the building to give tours, check on door alarms, pick up equipment left in gyms, vacuum, wipe tables, lift laundry baskets, etc.
Part-time; Up to 29 hours per week
$9 per hour
Please send resume and/or compete YMCA application to the Y front desk or email to:email@example.com
Swim Lesson Instructor: Must be at least 15 years old and have swim experience, either swim team or comparable. Monday through Friday: 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
Pay: $9-$11/hour depending upon experience
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Y front desk (1801 Richmond Ave., Port Royal, SC 29935) for an application. Maximum 30 hours per week.
Lifeguard: Part-time. Applicants must be 16 years old and a certified Lifeguard, either Red Cross or YMCA certified. Stop by the Y and ask for Lou Bergen or call 843.522.9622.
Fitness Programs / Schedule
- HIIT (Jenny)
- HIIT/Circuit (Denice)
- Belly Dance (Casey)
- Zumba (Jennifer)
- Line Dance (Lynn)
- TRX (Denice)
- Power 30 (Jeff)
- Cardio Strength (Jenny/Anna)
- Senior Pilates (Martha)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (Sarah)
- Senior Shape Up (Betsy/Renee)
- Circuit (Robert)
- Vinyasa Yoga (Adam)
- Twilight 2 (Lisa)
- Spinterval (Denice)
- Energy Zone (Julia/Jenny)
- Endurance (Denice/Rick/Lisa/Jodi)
- Sprint Zone (Lisa)
- Power Hour (Rick/Kelsey/Susie)
- Cardio Combo (Jill)
- Cardio Interval (Kelly/Mary W.)
- Kickboxing (Jeff)
- Fit Over Fifty (Denice/Sarah)
- Pilates (Martha)
- Devotional Yoga (Adam)
- Strength (Carol/Gina)
- Tabata (Julia/Denice)
- Boot Camp (Jenny)
- Interval (Kelly/Jessie)
- Yoga (Ginnie/Sally/Renee/Laura)