Looking for a way to stay motivated in your swim workout?
Join the 100-mile swim club!
Simply keep track of the laps you swim during each workout at the Y and record your yardage/mileage. Have the lifeguard sign off on your yardage each time you swim. Cost is $25 per person.
The more miles you swim, the better the prize!
- 1-100 Miles: Hitting your Stoke! Prize includes a towel
- 200+ Miles: Going the Distance! Prize includes a t-shirt
- 300+ Miles: Master of the Pool! Prize includes all of the above & a water bottle!
How many laps is a mile?
- Length = One end of the pool to other (25 yards)
- Lap = Down and back (50 yards)
- 1 mile = 1,650 yards = Approximately 66 lengths or 33 laps
- Goal = 100 miles = 165,000 yards or 3,300 laps!
How can you get to 100 miles? It’s as easy as:
- 2 miles a week equals 100 miles in about 50 weeks.
- 3 miles a week equals 100 miles in about 33 weeks.
- 1 mile a day, 5 days a week, equals 100 miles in 20 weeks.
NOTE THAT YOU MUST RE-REGISTER FOR THE 100-MILE SWIM CLUB EVERY YEAR AND THE COST IS $25. Thank you.
Congratulations 100-Mile Swim Club Winners for 2018!
Mike Monroe -103.18
Sally Moona- 127.02
Susie Thomas -134.45
Kenneth E. Brown-102.45
Aundrey Novick- 101.00
Linda Marrero- 159.04
200 -249 miles
Jim Stone – 216.96
Briana Johnson -276.03
Tanner Johnson – 238.89
Gregory Michels- 236.79