Looking for a way to stay motivated in your swim workout?
Join the 100-mile swim club!
Simply keep track of the laps you swim during each workout at the Y and record your yardage/mileage. When you reach 100 miles, you will receive a water bottle, 100-mile Club T-shirt and the recognition of your peers. Mileage tracking is maintained (updated weekly) and available for review on the Aquatic Director’s office door at any time.
The more miles you swim, the better the prize! Challenge starts January 1 and ends December 31. Cost is $25.
1-100 Miles: Hitting your Stoke! Prize includes a water bottle!
100-200 Miles: Going the Distance! Prize includes a water bottle AND a t-shirt
300+ Miles: Master of the Pool! Receive all of the above plus a towel!
- How many laps is a mile??
- Length = One end of the pool to other (25 yards)
- Lap = Down and back (50 yards)
- 1 mile = 1,650 yards = Approximately 66 lengths or 33 laps
- Goal = 100 miles = 165,000 yards or 3,300 laps!
How can you get to 100 miles? It’s as easy as:
- 2 miles a week equals 100 miles in about 50 weeks.
- 3 miles a week equals 100 miles in about 33 weeks.
- 1 mile a day, 5 days a week, equals 100 miles in 20 weeks.
NOTE THAT YOU MUST RE-REGISTER FOR THE 100-MILE SWIM CLUB EVERY YEAR AND THE COST IS $25. Thank you.
Congrats to our 2016 100-Mile Swim Club Members! You did it!
- Libby Anderson
- Alton Bennett
- Martha Berry
- Franziska Bode
- Kenneth Brown
- Thomas Cook
- Kevin Clawson
- Bill Deer
- Bertrand Dore
- Jennifer Duke
- Fred Kuhn
- Wayne Lamperski
- Linda Marrero
- Greg Michels
- Sally Moona
- Paul Nurnberg
- Laura Richardson
- Joie Rose
- Mary Segers
- Marshall Shook
- Jim Stone
- Judith Treadway
- M Wolff
- Rebekah Wolfram